Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thoughts

I woke up this morning at 2:45a.m. thinking of all the things I had to do at work. I went through 15 emails and made myself notes on everything I needed to accomplish. I stopped by Cracker Barrel for my normal coffee, water, pork chop and two scrambled eggs. I had a little chit chat with my favorite two servers and headed off the office. I enjoyed a great meeting a work and and even better lunch. We shared a lot of laughs, stories and at the end hugs.

Once I returned to the office and got a call from my son Corey letting me know that Haley was running a high fever. I rushed home to take her to the doc where she was diagnosed with the Flu and Strep. She is a sick little girl. I prayed all the way home that God would relieve her fever. 11:05p.m. I just gave her the last dose of medicine for tonight and I hope that when she wakes in the morning she will fever free.

I spent so much time worrying about what I had going on at work today and all the while God knew that I wouldn't be there to take care of it that I would be needed at home to take care of Haley. Funny how he knows. I am thankful for a great job and co-workers that understand my duty as mom, stepmom, and wife.

I have so much to be thankful for that I dare not try to list it all but the good thing is that God knows our heart. He knows yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment